Nebulas (NAS) : This is just my opinion and by no means to I claim to be a financial advisor. However, I did read both whitepaper, which by the way are by far the most technical and complicated I have seen,
Im going to point to the few keys factors that make Nebulas so special.
- It is its own blockchain. This is the most misunderstood factor Im coming across. Nebulas is a 3rd generation block chain, similar to a Cardano or NEO, hence why the CEO left NEO to start Nebulas. It is very scalable, similar to the Cardano idea.
- It is adaptable. You can adapt code in the future to avoid the need to hard fork the tech if their is a problem that arrises during scaling. Think how large bitcoin’s market share would be if it did not fork several times into bitcoin cash, bitcoin platinum, and so forth. It also allows you to adapt code on other platforms based off of Nebulas. So if you had an erc20 (ethereum platform) built on Nebulas, you would be able to adapt the code in the future to avoid the same problem. I see this leading to mass adoption from other platforms.
- It makes the blockchain searchable. I know everyone keeps saying “like google,” but the reference is more to show that the relationships between blockchains, developers, and users. With Nebulas, the blockchain will be measured to determine ranks for ease of use as well as the strength of the community behind it. At the current moment you cant even search the blockchain. With Nebulas you could not only search it, but you would be able to weed out the less developed blockchains and join ones that have strong communities.
- It rewards developers. This means if you develop on Nebulas, you get PROOF OF WORK(PoW). Developers will prefer to work on nebulas not only because of its capabilities and tech, but because they will be rewarded with tokens. Everyone likes to get paid for doing things they already do.
- It has master nodes rewards. Now this may not be for everyone, but as an early investor, I hope to receive master node rewards. That means they will pay me a percentage to merely hold my Nebulas in my wallet. Something a lot of large traders are looking for. If this project grows like I think it will, I wont be selling my Nebulas at all. But the fact they will pay me to hold it, means I will be even more motivated to hold. What does this mean for the market cap? Well, it means larger traders/funds will be less likely to day trade and as the market fluctuates, Nebulas may have less fluctuation than most coins, creating a safer investments for large funds and investors to hold their money during market corrections.
Lastly, they have already launched their testnet and will launch their mainnet by March. That means they will be the first gen-3 on the blockchain. They will get first mover advantage, mass adaption, and most likely become a top 5 coin by market cap. So to go back to the original question, “why isn’t anyone talking about them?” Well I think the team is more worried about being the first to market and flying a little under the radar, than they are marketing the project. The implications of being the first gen-3 to the market will be more than enough to launch them to the too of the crypto market. On top of that, they are not on binance, bitrex, or gdax. This leads to less awareness and trading as well. I hate to be lame, but everyone knows talk is cheap and you always watch out for the quiet ones.
I hope this helps everyone. Also feel free to correct me if I read something wrong or anyone has any input to add. For now, Nebulas is my largest position in cryptocurrency and I will be adding to the stack as much as I can.